Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Fanhome vs ModelSpace Options
mickeyflinn
#1 Posted : 21 February 2021 10:06:19

Groups: Registered

Has anyone else taken a look at the Fanhome website?

Having seen through various posts on here that DeAgostini are moving their TV/Movie/Game related collections from ModelSpace to Fanhome, I've taken a closer look on there and noticed that every "stage" as they are now calling the issues attracts a £1.00 shipping and handling fee, whereas the kits on ModelSpace are post free.

This, in my view, is effectively a 10% hike in the prices (as most "stages" are priced at £9.99).

What I'd like to know is how much they'll charge for the S&H if they start selling full kits consisting of 80-120 "stages"?

Like several other people on here, I'm waiting for the Japanese Tracy Island kit to make an appearance over here having made Thunderbird 2, the launch ramp and the extra Pod 2 kits, but might be put off by a surcharge for being a fan of TV models.
Mustang
#2 Posted : 21 February 2021 13:59:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi,

I had a look the other day as it new to me never heard of fanhome before.

I don’t like the idea of the £1 shipping charge as you say it’s adds a lot to a model, and as so I’ve decided not to buy these models anymore unless I find one somewhere else. The cost is going up and up and it’s not in my price range any more.

It used to be a full kit would cost +£600 but now your looking at +£1000 Cursing
Built. HMS Bounty, RMS Titanic, MP4-23, Flying Scotsman, Aston Martin DB5, Honda CB750, Mustang, R2-D2, Jaguar, DeLorean, Testarossa, Stage Coach plus many plastic kits.
Building/Dry dock no room to display . Bismarck, U96.
Building Airwolf, Class 08.
To build. HMS Hood. HMS Victory. Cutty Sark. SoS, Lancaster bomber. DR1 Triplane. JU-87. Plus many many plastic kits.
Steve1701
#3 Posted : 21 February 2021 14:09:38

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

i have noticed that modelspace are not doing 24 months build anymore, so £39.99 builds are no more, its 12 months builds instead, now costing £79 a month, which as now put a lot of builders out of the market, i think we are seeing the end of partworks unless the trend changes.
Silent_Running
#4 Posted : 21 February 2021 14:36:44

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi everyone,

In regard to the model prices I think they have gone up and I’m curious why the 24 month option has been removed, as for Fanhome can someone explain what’s going on please as I’ve obviously missed all this totally. I genuinely don’t understand these changes. Admin? Or forum support members?
Thanks in advance BigGrin
Markwarren
#5 Posted : 21 February 2021 16:57:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Administrators, Global Forum Support, Registered, Moderator, Official Builds

Silent_Running wrote:
Hi everyone,

In regard to the model prices I think they have gone up and I’m curious why the 24 month option has been removed, as for Fanhome can someone explain what’s going on please as I’ve obviously missed all this totally. I genuinely don’t understand these changes. Admin? Or forum support members?
Thanks in advance BigGrin

This should explain things here.

https://forum.model-space.co.uk/...aspx?g=posts&t=34805

Mark
roymattblack
#6 Posted : 21 February 2021 17:18:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Administrators, Global Forum Support

I don't know the reasons for discontinuing the 24 month sub - no doubt there will be an answer at some stage.
Again, the added delivery charge on Fanhome is also new to me and I can understand why some people will be put off by it.
Let's hope everything settles down before too long.
Silent_Running
#7 Posted : 21 February 2021 17:41:42

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thanks everyone for your replies, I wasn’t having a moan by the way, just trying to clarify what I’d missed. It’s all a lot clearer now. So if you want TB2 you have to go to Fanhome.
Kind regards to Roy and Mark BigGrin
admin
#8 Posted : 21 February 2021 17:46:59

Groups: Administrator, Administrators

Hi all,

I’ll ask about the surcharge. I don’t even have a good guess what’s up with that.

Regarding the subs going from 24 to 12 months; it was determined that one of the most common wishes was that sub times were shorter. It obviously creates an extra load on the wallet, but I think getting the build done more quickly will appeal to most.

Stay well,

Mark
Mark Adams
Mustang
#9 Posted : 21 February 2021 22:44:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Steve1701 wrote:
i have noticed that modelspace are not doing 24 months build anymore, so £39.99 builds are no more, its 12 months builds instead, now costing £79 a month, which as now put a lot of builders out of the market, i think we are seeing the end of partworks unless the trend changes.

The £40 per month was the only way I could afford these nice models, trying to stretch to £80 per months isn’t possible.

It’s a shame that these company’s only think about how quick they can turn a subscription out, I’m not having a moan as I total understand why these companies are looking at doing it this way.
Built. HMS Bounty, RMS Titanic, MP4-23, Flying Scotsman, Aston Martin DB5, Honda CB750, Mustang, R2-D2, Jaguar, DeLorean, Testarossa, Stage Coach plus many plastic kits.
Building/Dry dock no room to display . Bismarck, U96.
Building Airwolf, Class 08.
To build. HMS Hood. HMS Victory. Cutty Sark. SoS, Lancaster bomber. DR1 Triplane. JU-87. Plus many many plastic kits.
CaptnBirdseye
#10 Posted : 21 February 2021 23:01:37

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered, Official Builds

Confused Is it true that the Falcon subs are going to be with them now? Just that i cannot find it on their website.
Silent_Running
#11 Posted : 22 February 2021 07:09:34

CaptnBirdseye wrote:
Confused Is it true that the Falcon subs are going to be with them now? Just that i cannot find it on their website.

Hi captain,

I don’t know, but when I looked on the website, the Star Wars logo was on the site. They have the Star Wars bust collection on there so I would guess this will be the new home of the falcon. The Dodge Charger is already on there.