Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages «<2345>
1:65 Royal Warship Vasa - Now on sale! Options
pemberg
#61 Posted : 09 March 2018 11:57:30

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups: Registered

I would love to build this one but just don't have the time or space just now. I may still collect it as a future project.

Graeme
tigerace
#62 Posted : 09 March 2018 14:57:12

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red Medal

Never built a ship like this Blink looks a great looking kitBigGrin regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/9 Italeri Kettankrad and BMW R-75 Combination ON THE GO=1/16 hobbyboss Tiger 1 refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

TRGRichie
#63 Posted : 09 March 2018 16:14:28

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution

Looking forward to seeing this being built, I'll be keeping my eye on the build diaries - awesome looking kit.

Rich.
AUTO FRUMP STOMPER
Custom Porsche RS Build - http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=posts&t=25728
delboy271155
#64 Posted : 09 March 2018 19:00:24

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Wonderful looking ship with lots of colour.Cool

Will be watching the ship builders enjoy this one. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Gandale
#65 Posted : 09 March 2018 23:15:12

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrator

Markwarren wrote:
Great looking ship, this is one model, I would love to build at some stage, once I practice on my ship building skills a little more. But will be watching intently at the build.Love BigGrin

Mark

Would be a good one for you to do alongside the Official build Mark, gain your skills in wood as you go along.....Cool Cool .. With Pack 1 at this reduced price makes for a good saving too.... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
CaptnBirdseye
#66 Posted : 10 March 2018 11:16:22

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Official Builds

Shauncnh wrote:
Looks like my stash of models is going to be getting biggerBigGrin Cool .
Going to need to make the modelling workshop bigger at this rate Crying

Hopefully make a start to this in the not to distance future

Regards Shaun

I think a lot of people will be subscribing to this. Love
Looks an iconic build of an iconic ship. Drool Lots of lovely detail.
Bargain at only £9.99 for the first part.
Ummm......sorely tempted!!!
Tomick
#67 Posted : 10 March 2018 15:19:22

Groups:

Gandale
#68 Posted : 11 March 2018 00:33:32

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrator

Very interesting and informative video, enjoyed watching......Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#69 Posted : 11 March 2018 12:17:04

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Very enjoyable video.Cool

Thanks

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

CaptnBirdseye
#70 Posted : 11 March 2018 13:30:42

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red Medal

Riveting video Laugh .
Seriously though, i don't envy the guy who has to replace those 5500 bolts!!!
tigerace
#71 Posted : 11 March 2018 17:29:44

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red Medal

That`s a great videoBigGrin what a museum and the dedicated people Cool outstanding BigGrin regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/9 Italeri Kettankrad and BMW R-75 Combination ON THE GO=1/16 hobbyboss Tiger 1 refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

CaptnBirdseye
#72 Posted : 11 March 2018 20:44:58

tigerace wrote:
That`s a great videoBigGrin what a museum and the dedicated people Cool outstanding BigGrin regards PhilCool

Agreed Cool A must visit if ever in Stockholm. Looks like one of those places where you will wonder where’s the day gone
Gandale
#73 Posted : 12 March 2018 23:47:19

CaptnBirdseye wrote:
tigerace wrote:

Agreed Cool A must visit if ever in Stockholm. Looks like one of those places where you will wonder where’s the day gone

A lot more info on the museum can be found here:

https://www.vasamuseet.se/en

Very informative and worth looking through....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Dave
#74 Posted : 13 March 2018 12:41:30

Visited the Vasa Museum recently and I agree that its a "must see", but pick your time to visit carefully because it can get very busy.
I have been hoping that this model would be released for some time, but now unfortunately I'm busy with other models so this one will have to wait a couple of months before I order it.
One thing that does slightly concern me is that, on the website, they are still using photos of the Vasa Museums 1/10th scale model as opposed to photos of the actual model supplied.
Last year I bought a copy of the dvd "Vasa 1628", a three part docu-drama about the building of the Vasa, the aftermath, and the subsequent raising of the wreck. Its a very well made film, and the Vasa looks magnificent, with a very well done sinking re-enactment. It would be of great interest to anyone building the model.
Tomick
#75 Posted : 13 March 2018 14:21:08

Groups:

Dave wrote:
One thing that does slightly concern me is that, on the website, they are still using photos of the Vasa Museums 1/10th scale model as opposed to photos of the actual model supplied.
The Vasa collection is currently under process of manufacture/finalised design and the kit manufacturer working toward a completed sample which should be complete for viewing very soon.

Thanks for mention the Vasa docu-drama, I'm sure that Vasa modellers will find it of interest Cool
Gandale
#76 Posted : 14 March 2018 10:27:03

Have been searching online for the Vasa 1628 Docu-Drama DVD but unfortunately it is out of stock everywhere I look and no indications as to when it will be available again.... Looks like it is very difficult to get hold of now but will keep looking and let you know if I find it....Crying Crying

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#77 Posted : 14 March 2018 16:05:29

Gandale wrote:
Have been searching online for the Vasa 1628 Docu-Drama DVD but unfortunately it is out of stock everywhere I look and no indications as to when it will be available again.... Looks like it is very difficult to get hold of now but will keep looking and let you know if I find it....Crying Crying

Regards

Alan

That`s a shame as would have been good viewing.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Gandale
#78 Posted : 14 March 2018 17:48:55

Would be interesting to hear who intends doing a build diary for this one, would be great to see....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Shauncnh
#79 Posted : 14 March 2018 19:45:58

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution

Cool first pack delivered todayCool hopefully make a start building at the weekend and a build diary to follow shortly after Cool

Regards Shaun
Building-Deagostini RC spitfire
Stash- ever growing
Build- Hachette titanic, Deag skyrider, Eaglemoss solar system, Deago T72
jase
#80 Posted : 14 March 2018 19:52:54

I will be but not sure quite when its on order though 😎😎😎
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain