Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Flying Dutchman Options
Martyn Ingram
#1 Posted : 09 January 2021 14:32:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Hi all I have been working on this project since the first lockdown as something to do. I copied the bulkheads from the corel vasa as looking at the Dutchman it's very similar to the Vasa apart from the forecastle and the deck plan . So I have put larger decks on and changed the bow to look like the F/Dutchman. Sorry I haven't got any pictures of the first part of the build. As I'm not very good at carving I have used modelling clay for the scary faces and the weird stuff on the stern I think they look ok still lots to do Cool . It's nice to build something that's total fantasy so I don't have to worry about historical accuracy and I can do whatever I like 😉.Cheers for looking
Martyn
As this is a scratch build the price so far £4.99 for the 2mm ply and £4.00 for the clay all the rest free from bits and pieces from other builds Cool
Martyn Ingram attached the following image(s):
20210109_125155.jpg
20210109_125127.jpg
20210109_125104.jpg
20210109_125719.jpg
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
tigerace
#2 Posted : 09 January 2021 15:09:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Wow looks superb so far MartynBigGrin will be following BigGrin

Regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/9 Italeri Kettankrad and BMW R-75 Combination ON THE GO=1/35 Italeri S-38 Schnellboot, refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

roymattblack
#3 Posted : 09 January 2021 15:32:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Administrators, Global Forum Support

Jeepers... VERY spooky. Great work.
Strangely enough I wrote an Indiana Jones novel all about the Flying Dutchman. The ship is a great bit of history worth looking into.Cool
Markwarren
#4 Posted : 09 January 2021 17:00:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Administrators, Global Forum Support, Registered, Moderator, Official Builds

Wow, that looks stunning Martyn. Count me in as one of your followers.Love

Mark
Martyn Ingram
#5 Posted : 09 January 2021 18:01:27

BigGrin thanks for looking guys Cool the F/D has certainly got a lot of legend behind it Roy .I'm having a lot of fun with thisLaugh
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
nightwisher
#6 Posted : 10 January 2021 17:58:00

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Fantastic stuff ,scratch building at its best. Nice to see your work back on here again
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!
birdaj2
#7 Posted : 10 January 2021 19:06:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Martyn

Nice to see your latest updates. You could always produce something a bit special and this one sits in the same category.

Loving the sculpted details, some real skills to be able to do that.

Hoping you share some more with us as its looking so good at this point.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Harley Davidson Fat boy, Lam. Countach, Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
COLLECTING 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar
Martyn Ingram
#8 Posted : 13 January 2021 08:38:07

BigGrin hi Tony and Nightwisher . Thanks for looking in and the brilliant comments 😀
Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
Sticky Wickett
#9 Posted : 14 January 2021 11:39:31

Publisher Medal: December 2019 Modeler of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Wow! Fantastic work Martyn. That clay work is something else!Love

Regards,
Phil W.
Completed projects: 1/43 scale Bedford HA van / 1/43 scale MG TD sports car
Current projects: 1/48 scale U-boat [U230]
Future projects: 1/148 scale railway diorama / 1/50 scale R/C Volvo F89 logging truck / 1/148 scale Thunderbirds Fireflash