#21 Posted : 29 January 2016 12:19:48

Groups:

Those are the main ones, obviously no need to threadlock any of the nyloc nuts
Mekon
#22 Posted : 29 January 2016 15:14:17

Groups: Registered

kenjara wrote:
Hey Tom,

Is there anything else you recommend going back and thread locking aside from the 16 motor screws?

I left the last few packs to tackle together and am part way through pack 11 now.

Thanks

Shane

Does this mean pack 11 is dispatched to all subscribers? Now I'm getting excited! BigGrin
michu
#23 Posted : 29 January 2016 15:18:11

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution

Ha, got and built already! Nice pack, it felt like really making something.

I will still have to undo that to implement the changes to wiring that will come with pack 12, right? But anyway, it feels solid now that the cover is on, so it was worth it for the feeling alone.
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
kenjara
#24 Posted : 29 January 2016 17:17:14

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalRed Medal: Red Medal

I agree I didn't bother with the previous 2 packs until now. Would of been handy to have the electronics cover earlier to make it easier to work on / keep safe.
Finished 3D Printer, RB7, Hummer, Skyrider drone & Combat tank collection

Tomick
#25 Posted : 29 January 2016 22:21:21

Groups:

michu wrote:
Ha, got and built already! Nice pack, it felt like really making something.

I will still have to undo that to implement the changes to wiring that will come with pack 12, right? But anyway, it feels solid now that the cover is on, so it was worth it for the feeling alone.

The info changes for 12 relate to Receiver connections and internal DIP switches within the Transmitter, which are being incorporated into the magazine rather than an insert.

Just on with finalising the Pack 12 magazine to incorporate all the latest manufactuer updates
michu
#26 Posted : 30 January 2016 00:40:23

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution

Just read the thread about the problems they had in Italy and resulting updates - and it says the updates will be spread as three inserts across packs 11 and 12. No insert in my Pack 11 though - should I be changing anything on this stage compared to the instructions provided?
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Tomick
#27 Posted : 30 January 2016 01:20:18

Groups:

Have just emailed you all three, 6, 11 and 12 BigGrin

Though the Pack 12 insert has now incorporated into the magazine

michu
#28 Posted : 30 January 2016 01:33:37

Thanks Tom, that explains a lot - and the only change required will be to re-label the ESC cables which can be done without opening of the inner body. Good to know.

So, ESC 2 (front right) is now 3, ESC 3 (rear left) is now 4 and ESC 4 (rear right) is now 2 - in case anyone else needs it... :)

Tomick
#29 Posted : 30 January 2016 08:31:17

Groups:

It's noted in the official build for Pack 11 at Stage 50.
There are also other adjustments to make which is also noted in the official build, which refers in particular to the below, taken from the info at the head of this topic (which is noted in Pack 12).

Motor & ESC connections
6. The ESC bullet connectors and four ESC's should must be located as far as possible from the centre of the chassis. If these components are too close the flight controller, your Sky Rider may drift or fly in a circle when in the GPS Position Hold mode. Loss of orientation in the Headless mode is another problem that may occur.

7. The motor to ESC connections should be as close a possible to the motor arm.

8. The two front ESC's should be as close to the front of the chassis as possible. The rear ESC's should be as far away from the centre of the chassis as the wires will allow.

9. The ESC bullet connector adaptors which supply battery voltage to the ESC's, should be located centrally between the ESC's along the centreline. These connectors should be about 75mm from the front on the chassis.

10. Twist the wires together from the bullet connectors to each ESC at least 9 times.

Tomick
#30 Posted : 17 March 2016 17:03:08

Groups:

Checklist @ post #1 has been updated BigGrin
kenjara
#31 Posted : 04 April 2016 18:58:08

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalRed Medal: Red Medal

Is the controller going to complain if the camera is not fitted?

I will have to fly it without the camera most of the time in order to be exempt from the 50m rule.
Finished 3D Printer, RB7, Hummer, Skyrider drone & Combat tank collection

Tomick
#32 Posted : 03 May 2016 16:23:47

Groups:

It should not make any dfference as in effect it woud be disconnected/not being used