Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Bandit Build Options
Bandit750
#1 Posted : 23 October 2019 14:30:21

Groups: Registered

Hi all

Started this a while ago but I'll try and get some pics of the build so far.

It appears to be a good quality kit and will be quite a weight when finished, pity I can't get a 1/4 scale Rossi to display next to it. Maybe a helmet.

Anyway the first pics of the tank cover, top fairing and front guard show that they have been clearcoated using Zero Paints laquer. A couple of mist coats first as anything heavier will melt the decals, (tested that on a spare tank cover).

They have then had 6 coats of clear. Front guard has been wet sanded and buffed. Top fairing and tank cover still to be sanded and buffed.
Bandit750 attached the following image(s):
Tank-Cover.jpg
Top-Fairing.jpg
Front-Guard.jpg
Bandit750
#2 Posted : 23 October 2019 14:44:45

Next up is the front end. Wasn't totally happy with the colour of the forks, wanted a more anodised look so again purchased some Zeropaints fork gold.

Fork tubes were stripped and painted. still not quite right so a couple of coats of Tamiya X-24 clear yellow seems to have done the trick. Just need to find some Ohlins decals.

Fork bottoms were re-painted in Tamiya X-31 titan gold more in fitting with the real bike. Got rid of the mould lines on the tyre with magic mould line remover (Rag and White Spirit) Laugh.

Cheers Steve
Forks.jpg
CaptnBirdseye
#3 Posted : 23 October 2019 15:20:49

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Nice work, Bandit ThumpUp
With a name like that i guess you're a Suzuki fan Laugh
Bandit750
#4 Posted : 23 October 2019 15:30:57

Thanks CaptnBirdseye

Yep had many of bikes over the years of all makes. Worked on thousands more in my previous incarnation of motorcycle mechanic, some better than others, Italian electrics Cursing.

But the 750 bandit was quite something, Japanese only model. Basically a 1200 with a 750 motor.

Cheers Steve.
Bandit750
#5 Posted : 09 November 2019 15:46:03

Hi again all

Just received pack 12 which allows for installation of the exhaust. I unfortunately didn't take any pics of the process whilst building the engine but Mr Birdseye seems to have that and the rest of the build covered very well.

Here's some up to now.

The engine in situ in frame. The oil level window has been painted on the reverse with a few coats of clear yellow until it appears oil like in colour.

The exhausts have been treated to a heat staining with very thinned clear blue and orange, and the weld points have been highlighted with Molotow liquid chrome.

The installation of the exhaust needed a bit of Cursing and loosening of the screws as they didn't quite align perfectly. There is some flex in the headers so all's well.

Bottom-end.jpg
Sump.jpg
Exhaust-1.jpg
Exhaust-2.jpg