Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Samba Build packs delay Options
mpfiend
#1 Posted : 17 August 2019 09:20:20

Groups: Registered

Good morning,

As the delivery of the rest of the packs (10 onwards) has been delayed so that the PDF guides can catch up.
When can we expect to start seeing the PDF guides on the website? and when will delivery of the packs resume? I know the inventory topic stated "late September" but can we be more specific please?
I still think this situation is really not acceptable and would be much happier if I had the packs and was just waiting for the PDF guides.

Regards

Keith.
Gandale
#2 Posted : 17 August 2019 11:33:50

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrator

The information posted on the Inventory Update topic is the latest information we have. As soon as we receive an update on this then we will post it onto the forum.

Regards

Alan
andali15
#3 Posted : 17 August 2019 13:51:53

Hi Keith, looks like we will have to wait till mid September and hope they get back on track to monthly deliveries. Like you the parts would be good to get and wait for the guides to be downloaded, Hang in there it will be worth the wait to finish a great looking model. Regards Andy.
admin
#4 Posted : 17 August 2019 16:29:09

Groups: Administrator, Administrators

We will hopefully see pack 10 before the end of September. I’d love to be able to be specific right now, but all the people I get answers from are out of the office for a few more days yet. I’ll update in the Inventory Issues section as soon as I have a more solid answer.
Mark Adams
mpfiend
#5 Posted : 21 August 2019 05:29:53

I had this reply to my question about the delay in delivery from the Model space customer service yesterday

"Many thanks for your e-mail. We are sorry to hear that you are awaiting pack 10 to come into stock. We are sorry to advise that we are currently awaiting stock to arrive from our suppliers.

We have not been made aware of when this is likely to come in.

I am chasing this for you now and we will come back to you when we have an answer."

Interesting that there was no mention of waiting for the PDF's to catch up before the next delivery.

Regards
Keith
admin
#6 Posted : 22 August 2019 14:43:21

mpfiend wrote:
I had this reply to my question about the delay in delivery from the Model space customer service yesterday

"Many thanks for your e-mail. We are sorry to hear that you are awaiting pack 10 to come into stock. We are sorry to advise that we are currently awaiting stock to arrive from our suppliers.

I am chasing this for you now and we will come back to you when we have an answer."

Interesting that there was no mention of waiting for the PDF's to catch up before the next delivery.

Regards
Keith

Well, I dunno what to tell you. I get my information from the director of ModelSpace in Italy, and not a CS agency in a South Africa.

I will be able to provide more up to date info after the first of the month.
Mark Adams
mpfiend
#7 Posted : 23 August 2019 05:23:57

admin wrote:
mpfiend wrote:

Regards
Keith

Well, I dunno what to tell you. I get my information from the director of ModelSpace in Italy, and not a CS agency in a South Africa.

OK Thanks Mark, I look forward to your update.

Regards

Keith.
mpfiend
#8 Posted : 03 September 2019 15:05:26

admin wrote:
mpfiend wrote:

Regards
Keith

Hi Mark,
Are there any more updates on this subject?
Regards
Keith
admin
#9 Posted : 04 September 2019 09:28:51

Hi Keith,

I heard back today, and they will be letting me know. I’ll hopefully hear back by weeks end. Kinda vague, i know, but we’ll know soon!
Mark Adams
mpfiend
#10 Posted : 04 September 2019 14:27:17

admin wrote:
Hi Keith,

I heard back today, and they will be letting me know. I’ll hopefully hear back by weeks end. Kinda vague, i know, but we’ll know soon!

Thanks for letting me know Mark,
I see that the pack 10 instructions still haven't been posted on the webpage either, I thought the delay was to enable them to catch up? I'm not confident this will be resolved in the time frame specified.

Regards
Keith.
andali15
#11 Posted : 10 September 2019 21:06:08

Any news to give us Mark. Did you get any contact at the weekend? Andy.
admin
#12 Posted : 11 September 2019 02:55:04

mpfiend wrote:
admin wrote:
Hi Keith,

I see that the pack 10 instructions still haven't been posted on the webpage either, I thought the delay was to enable them to catch up? I'm not confident this will be resolved in the time frame specified.

Regards
Keith.

Hi Keith,

It was indeed to allow the build guides to catch up. The time frame was “mid-September” so there is still leeway. I’ll post as soon as I know.
Mark Adams
mpfiend
#13 Posted : 15 September 2019 14:41:05

admin wrote:
mpfiend wrote:
admin wrote:
Hi Keith,

Regards
Keith.

Hi Keith,

It was indeed to allow the build guides to catch up. The time frame was “mid-September” so there is still leeway. I’ll post as soon as I know.

So we are now at the mid point of September and still no real updates and no pack 10 instructions. I am now losing faith in this company and thinking that I may want to return my packs for a full refund. The contract I signed up for was a completed delivery schedule within 12 months.

Regards
Keith.
admin
#14 Posted : 17 September 2019 04:23:47

mpfiend wrote:
admin wrote:
mpfiend wrote:
admin wrote:
Hi Keith,

Regards
Keith.

Hi Keith,

So we are now at the mid point of September and still no real updates and no pack 10 instructions. I am now losing faith in this company and thinking that I may want to return my packs for a full refund. The contract I signed up for was a completed delivery schedule within 12 months.

Regards
Keith.

I personally would construe “Mid-September” to be somewhere around the 15th of the month, but not EXACTLY on the 15th.

One thing to keep in mind, as frustrating as the delays are, is that DeAgostini has NEVER abandoned a builder, or a series. Ultimately, if you find yourself unwilling to wait, see the terms for cancelling here;

https://www.model-space....ivery-and-returns#return
Mark Adams
admin
#15 Posted : 17 September 2019 22:00:36

I’ve posted an update on the “Inventory Updates” section.
Mark Adams