Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

D51 Rough Running Options
dslinick
#1 Posted : 11 July 2019 21:03:06

Groups: Registered

My D51 seemed to be running roughly, so I disassembled and found metallic dust on the suspension in the area of the wormm gear. Ran it without the body on the frame and found the same thing...tiny particles of metallic dust. I can't see anything wrong with the assembly.

And per the instructions I rotated the rear boiler band so that the screws don't hit the shaft.

Any thoughts?
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 11 July 2019 22:18:08

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Registered, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Does it run smoothly once you cleaned the dust? Maybe there is some binding somewhere causing the dust.Mine is 3 years old and runs smoothly still, but it is under a glass cover.

Carl

dslinick
#3 Posted : 12 July 2019 16:59:31

Groups: Registered

The metallic dust is definitely generated somewhere in the worm gear, driving wheel area. If I blow the dust away with compressed air and run the motor, I can see it being generated, but can not tell from where. I don't see any wear on the worm drive or the gear attached to the axle.

Just wondered if anyone else had seen this.