Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages 123>»
Australian Customers: Bissett Magazines information Options
Jinnai
#1 Posted : 18 July 2018 23:41:33

Groups: Registered

Wasn’t sure where I should post this but I had hoped by now this topic would have at least been brought up on the forums.

The company handling subscription distribution in Australia, Bissett Magazines, has gone into administration with no notice whatsoever. Presently it’s leaving a lot of confusion for those who have subscribed to R2-D2 (which was only released two months ago) but also the Millennium Falcon and other non DeAgostini affiliated partworks.

Can we please find out if there’s any way those who have subscribed can still keep their subscriptions going? There is the newsagent option for most people but some have already been turned away by their locals.

Thanks.
Tomick
#2 Posted : 19 July 2018 09:25:41
Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups:

This news came as a big shock to everyone and DeAgostini is working hard to find the very best solution and quickly, and we’ll hopefully be able to update on this soon.
BigMike
#3 Posted : 19 July 2018 11:41:14

guess I'll never see issue 87 of the millenium falcon.... :(
Tomick
#4 Posted : 19 July 2018 11:50:22
Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups:

BigMike wrote:
As a subscriber, there is obligation to supply.
BigMike
#5 Posted : 19 July 2018 12:07:18

Thanks Tomick.

I'm glad to hear that Deag are onto it as that issues is the only one I'm missing for the falcon and I am really enjoying the mustang build and want to see it finished one day.
Tomick
#6 Posted : 19 July 2018 12:11:10
Groups:

BigMike wrote:
Thanks Tomick.

I'm glad to hear that Deag are onto it as that issues is the only one I'm missing for the falcon and I am really enjoying the mustang build and want to see it finished one day.
If its only the one issue you are missing, you could email internationalshipping@model-space.co.uk who may be able to assist.
Tomick
#7 Posted : 19 July 2018 15:30:34
Groups:

Official notice

Unfortunately the company which supplies our subscription copies of our magazines in Australia has ceased trading. We are working to implement a replacement service but this may cause some disruption to the service across all our​ ​publications. Rest assured we will do everything possible to ensure​ you will be able to complete your collection/model build,​ ​and we do appreciate your patience​ ​whilst we implement an alternative solution.

Supply of our magazines through retail newsagent shops remains unaffected.​​

You can contact our customer service team at the following telephone number: +44333 300 1517 and by email on customercare@deagostini.co.uk​ ​​

Many thanks

DeAgostini Publishing
cbatty
#8 Posted : 20 July 2018 01:18:39

Hi all,

I was also shocked that Bissett ceased trading with no warning whatsoever. I am sad for the employees of Bissett who have lost their jobs.

I am also missing editions to complete my Millennium Falcon build - nine in total ... all on back order with Bissett, meaning that I'll never see them through that channel. Can I order that many editions directly from the UK? It might be the easiest and fastest way to get them though probably more expensive.

Thanks,
Craig
Tomick
#9 Posted : 20 July 2018 07:03:20
Groups:

cbatty wrote:
Can I order that many editions directly from the UK?
If the UK has stock of what you need, you can email internationalshipping@model-space.co.uk. But be aware, you will at some point be shipped your missing issues under your Subscription and be charged, so as soon as you have got hold of all you need, you should then cancel your Subscription.
Azimuth
#10 Posted : 21 July 2018 01:14:02

BigMike wrote:

Me Too.

I just paid over double ($44.00 Au) to buy of Modelspace UK by Paypal and still waiting to get a response that it will be mailed to me.
Azimuth
#11 Posted : 21 July 2018 01:18:43

How weird was that.
Within 2 minutes of posting last comment i received and email saying my Paypal payment has been received, and will be receiving it by mail shortly.
PhoenixLive
#12 Posted : 24 July 2018 07:04:58

Any new news regarding this Tomick?
Tomick
#13 Posted : 24 July 2018 07:15:19
Groups:

PhoenixLive wrote:
Any new news regarding this Tomick?
No further update as yet and is unlikely to be a quick fix as a new distributor that can handle the volume has to be sought, contracts agreed and stock moved etc. Will update just as soon we have more info comes to hand. But rest assured you will be able to complete your collection.
monkeymagik
#14 Posted : 25 July 2018 00:09:53

I guess the situations is unavoidable and I can wait. What I'd like to know, as an Australian subscriber is:

* If a new distributor is found, will I need to sign up with them again?
* Or will the remnants of whoever is running Bissett magazines handover my details (including billing information) to the new distributor?
* Would we have the option of opting out of our details being handed over in that way?
* Could I just speak to my local newsagent and forget about the subscription (without risk of paying for and receiving duplicate issues)?

Tomick
#15 Posted : 25 July 2018 07:25:55
Groups:

monkeymagik wrote:
I guess the situations is unavoidable and I can wait. What I'd like to know, as an Australian subscriber is:

* If a new distributor is found, will I need to sign up with them again?
* Or will the remnants of whoever is running Bissett magazines handover my details (including billing information) to the new distributor?
* Would we have the option of opting out of our details being handed over in that way?
* Could I just speak to my local newsagent and forget about the subscription (without risk of paying for and receiving duplicate issues)?

Indeed it is unavoidable if a company ceases trading and its customers are left high and dry (which includes DeAgostini). But rest assured DeAgostini are working hard to resolve the situation as a matter of urgency.

In theory the new distributor will be handed all Subscriber information. It’s unlikely there will be an option to opt out of the details transfer ahead of the transfer being made, but once this has happened and DeAgostini provide information of the new distributor, you’ll then be able to contact the new distributor directly with your request.
Most newsagents wont accept what would be a new subscription once a collection has progressed beyond a certain point or be able to catch you up with numerous issues, and you would also need to have cancelled the existing subscription to halt further delivery. That said, all options are being looked into to get subscribers up and runing as soon as possibly and with hopefully better service than what Bissetts provided.
Jinnai
#16 Posted : 26 July 2018 00:21:23

Tomick wrote:

Most newsagents wont accept what would be a new subscription once a collection has progressed beyond a certain point or be able to catch you up with numerous issues, and you would also need to have cancelled the existing subscription to halt further delivery. That said, all options are being looked into to get subscribers up and runing as soon as possibly and with hopefully better service than what Bissetts provided.[/size][/color]

There are a lot of newsagents atm doing the right thing and helping out subscribers that have been left in the lurch by Bissett going into administration. I feel for DeAg though as it’s a tough situation and it’s affected everyone that’s in the partwork business.

Bissett have had terrible service for a long, long time now and due to my local not willing to supply R2-D2 I felt forced to sub through Bissett despite previous major issues.

At least R2-D2 won’t be too hard to come back from, we were only at issue 11 through Bissett with a delivery scheduled for dispatch tomorrow.
cbatty
#17 Posted : 27 July 2018 04:29:43

monkeymagik wrote:

I spoke with my local newsagent. They contacted their distributor, Gordon and Gotch, and were able to order the missing nine issues I needed. I had to pay for them upfront (the price it would have cost me through Bissett) and it may take several months for them to arrive (though it would have also with Bissett) but at least I know I will be getting them. BigGrin

PhoenixLive
#18 Posted : 28 July 2018 02:20:26

cbatty wrote:

I spoke with my local newsagent. They contacted their distributor, Gordon and Gotch, and were able to order the missing nine issues I needed. I had to pay for them upfront (the price it would have cost me through Bissett) and it may take several months for them to arrive (though it would have also with Bissett) but at least I know I will be getting them. BigGrin

Good to know. What newsagent did you deal with, i'm going to try and locate one that deals with the same distributor.

Cheers,
Chris
cbatty
#19 Posted : 29 July 2018 05:19:09

PhoenixLive wrote:
What newsagent did you deal with

My local newsagent is in Karalee, near Ipswich Qld Smile
PhoenixLive
#20 Posted : 29 July 2018 08:13:41

cbatty wrote:
PhoenixLive wrote:
What newsagent did you deal with

My local newsagent is in Karalee, near Ipswich Qld Smile

Hey cbatty, would that be Karalee News & Casket?

Chris