4 Pages <1234>
idbox 3D printer now on sale! Options
cruorangelussilicis
#41 Posted : 29 December 2014 16:56:29

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

alantait wrote:
what about a partwork workstation, imagine the postageLOL

LOL I don't know but reckon we'll be finding out at 23.59hrs!
Tomick
#42 Posted : 29 December 2014 17:24:18

Groups:

Just awaiting clarification from Japan, which might mean we can't announce for another day or two Crying

But the good news is that it's definately going to be released BigGrin

Watch this space Love
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#43 Posted : 29 December 2014 17:34:47

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service Medal

Crying Crying Crying

3D Printer?

Wilfy
cruorangelussilicis
#44 Posted : 29 December 2014 17:50:14

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

The collection of Zippo lighters?
delboy271155
#45 Posted : 29 December 2014 19:35:19

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

cruorangelussilicis wrote:

Had me worried there, as I misread that for "HIPPO".

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

My word, a collection of that size would need some serious storage space.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Wilfy the Sea Dog
#46 Posted : 29 December 2014 20:22:49

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service Medal

Doesn't matter now!

Can't get one!

The stress & anticipation of waiting have caused me to start smoking again! Crying Crying BigGrin

Wilfy

(unless it is the collection of Zippo lighters) Laugh
birdaj2
#47 Posted : 29 December 2014 20:59:38

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution

Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

I am going to be climbing the walls now Flapper

Like the idea of that 3d printer as Velleman are doing a build your own version but I think they are Belgium based.

At this rate I will have to stay up late on New Year's Eve and that is something I never doCursing

Happy Modelling

Project: USS Constitution - subscription complete.
Project: Porsche 911 - subscribed to the 24 month option. Project: Jaguar - E type
Project: Harley Davidson Fat boy. Project: Lam. Countach
Project: 1:200 Bismarck (hachette).
jase
#48 Posted : 29 December 2014 21:16:35

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

in fairness there is no year in the title your all assuming Dec 2014 LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Flapper
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Tomick
#49 Posted : 29 December 2014 21:21:04

Groups:

birdaj2 wrote:

Like the idea of that 3d printer as Velleman are doing a build your own version but I think they are Belgium based.

At this rate I will have to stay up late on New Year's Eve and that is something I never doCursing

Congrat's on receiving the 1000 post purple medal, well done! Cool
WildRover
#50 Posted : 29 December 2014 21:26:19

delboy271155 wrote:
cruorangelussilicis wrote:

Had me worried there, as I misread that for "HIPPO".

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

My word, a collection of that size would need some serious storage space.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

How big are these Hippo lighters? (1:1 scale?)
Completed: Earth, Moon, Sun Orbiter
Build a Model Solar System

Under Constuction: HMB Endeavour
HMS Victory
Mitsubishi Zero
Tiger Tank
D51

birdaj2
#51 Posted : 29 December 2014 22:04:53

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution

Tomick wrote:
birdaj2 wrote:

Congrat's on receiving the 1000 post purple medal, well done! Cool

Mr T

That makes things a whole lot better (never knew you get another medalBlushing ). Will make the waiting that little bit easier Drool

King regards

Tony
Happy Modelling

Project: USS Constitution - subscription complete.
Project: Porsche 911 - subscribed to the 24 month option. Project: Jaguar - E type
Project: Harley Davidson Fat boy. Project: Lam. Countach
Project: 1:200 Bismarck (hachette).
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#52 Posted : 29 December 2014 23:43:13

Congrats Tony!

Just got my 500 post Medal!

As Jase said 'a year has been mentioned' maybe we'll have our 10,000 post before hand.BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Wilfy
arpurchase
#53 Posted : 30 December 2014 01:14:17

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Official Builds, Global Forum Support, Administrators

BigGrin Hippo lighters are only good for big buttsBlink BigGrin LOL LOL LOL Flapper Cool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

experten
#54 Posted : 30 December 2014 01:53:10

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

The clock has struck one, and still no word? Bummer!!
Tomick
#55 Posted : 30 December 2014 11:52:52

Groups:

Enjoy..

Build your own 3D printer - idbox 3D printer

Straight from science fiction to your home! Turn an idea in your head or on paper into an object you can hold in your hand with this amazing 3D printer, the idbox.

The idbox is a lightweight and compact machine that is easy to work with, and has a fast modelling speed.

Learn how to use the software to create 3D shapes from the basics. First, become familiar with the software, then proceed to new features little by little. By the time the series is complete, you will know all about the 3D software needed to use your idbox 3D printer. The collection also gives you a taster of the 3D modelling programs that are available. Other programs can be downloaded from a dedicated site.

Its a great project for people looking to get an intimate knowledge of the technology or simply a novel hobby. Schools are also getting geared up for "rapid prototyping" technology as a new teaching tool..
https://www.gov.uk/gover...printers_in_schools.pdf

It's perhaps the greatest model kit ever, in that when complete you can print out components to create other models!

Specifications:

Maximum build volume: 150mm x 130mm x 100mm (6"x5"x4")
Print speed: 100mm per second
Layer thickness: 0.10mm
Stacking pitch: 0.1mm
Filament type: Can use 1.75mm PLA and ABS filament types.
0.4mm nozzle: designed to help prevent possibility of clog which some units can suffer from.
idbox footprint: 250mm x 250mm x 275mm
Weight: 5kg
Software compatible with: Windows 10, Mac OS X and USB type 2.

Includes CAD and 3DCG modelling software with an instructional program built-in for first time users to design your own 3D data as well as having access to many varieties of built-in templates you can choose from to print out.
To ensure safe use for the 3D print novice, a heated bed is not part of the spec, though DeAgostini will be including a special 'BuildTak' sheet into the collection (at no additional cost), which provides improved adhesion and allows the printer to print PLA without rafts. The designer of the printer also says that it also works with ABS filament too even without a heated bed.

12 packs = 12 month Subscription

https://www.youtube.com/...edded&v=zyisEJpzzR4

55 build stages in total:

Stages 1-11 Fit together the acrylic panels, and assemble the interior of the molding table.

Stages 12-24 Assemble the XY gantry responsible for the movement of the Y-axis.

Stages 25-29 Fit the nozzle, attach the cooling fan and attach the tubing.

Stages 30-41 Install the motor and limit switch of the X-axis and Y-axis, and install the microcomputer board that is the brain of the printer.

Stages 42-55 Install the modelling table, perform the final finish,. and learn about its fine adjustment and maintenance along the way.

Webpage: http://www.model-space.c...ld-your-3d-printer.html
Tomick attached the following image(s):
idbox.jpg
GilShapley
#56 Posted : 30 December 2014 12:01:09

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking good

but with printers the big question is ???????????

What will it cost to "feed"

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
[color=red][color=red]Building RB7,

[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price

[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119

stevie_o
#57 Posted : 30 December 2014 12:02:09

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

arpurchase
#58 Posted : 30 December 2014 12:02:31

Groups: Registered, Moderator, Official Builds, Global Forum Support, Administrators

BigGrin Perfect just what i was hoping for, cant wait for it to go live so I can order.Cool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#59 Posted : 30 December 2014 12:05:52

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrator

Brill, the possibilites for this are endless in our hobby.... I for one am in as soon as we can subscribe.....Love Love Drool Drool Love Love .. As for the cost of printing materials, think that will be worth it for what can be created and what can be created is all down to ones imagination and mastery of the software...... Love it.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Tomick
#60 Posted : 30 December 2014 12:07:42

Groups:

GilShapley wrote:
Looking good

but with printers the big question is ???????????

What will it cost to "feed"

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

Like with most things, shop around for the best price on filament type, also depends on the size of item you are printing and how many of.