Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Hachette 1/2 scale T-800 Endoskeleton Options
Coser
#21 Posted : 07 August 2019 11:34:50

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

I should have had the next 4 issues up by now, but whilst taking the pictures I noticed that something didn't look right.

My 'right' palm has an 'L' on one of the finger pieces, and indeed, the thumb is looking like it's making a left hand.

Have e-mailed Hachette CS, but no reply yet. Also, the last joint before the thumb attaches to the palm is very loose. The pin for this looks to be around 1mm too long.

I will get more pictures up over the weekend.
Current Builds
Deagostini: R2-D2 [waiting for batteries]
Eaglemoss: Ecto-1, BTTF Delorean
Hachette: T800 Endoskeleton

Coser
#22 Posted : 21 January 2020 05:26:40

I am sorry that there has been a disruption on my builds. Unfortunately this has been down to my mental health taking a hammering due to my job.

I can't and won't bore you all with the details, but suffice to say that the situation has been resolved by me handing in my notice and I no longer work there.

I have been continuing the build, but now have some more mods on the way, so will have to eventually strip the build back to install new eyes to go with the teeth mod I have already installed. I hope you can beaar with me until I get back into the swing of this build.
Current Builds

Coser
#23 Posted : 01 February 2020 17:44:34

And I may very well be cancelling my subscription to this. This partwork has been one problem after another for me. I have already detailed the problems and delays caused by having the wrong palm in the correct issue.

Well, this seem to be a reoccurring issue with Hachette, at least so far as their dealings with me.

Today (1st February) I received my latest delivery - with the delivery note dated 3rd JANUARY! Now, I cannot lay this squarely in Hachette's lap as the delay could be theirs, the post office, or neighbours having taken it in and only just having got it to me. As there is no franking on the label, I can't tell.

However, back in NOVEMBER my delivery consisted of two single copies of two different issues, and two copies of a third issue. I had no reply to my e-mail, and nothing further happened.

My December delivery was without incident, four different issues. Still no sign of the missing issue from the November issue.

Calling CS was a nightmare, the phone was never answered. Then I read they were changing the company and gave it a while. When I called again, the call was taken quickly, and I spoke with someone who told me that a replacement for the mising issue was going to be sent out, so I waited.

I'm waiting still. It was NOT in the delivery I received today. Worse, we are back to the same state of affairs I was in back in NOVEMBER. Two different issues, two copies of the same issue, and one issue absent.

Two months out of three, Hachette have messed up my collection, and my hope they can pull themselves out of this mess is dwindling by the day. I still have no faith in sending them another e-mail, and i'll have to wait until Monday to see if I can call them again - at my expense as it will have to be from a mobile.

This is triggering my Asperger's and adding to my problems, so I may just give them until the end of February to catch me up to where I should be, or I cancel outright.

I was also looking forward to the Spitfire Mk1a they are about to release, but that hangs in the balance too.

Fed up, really astonishingly fed up, full of the flu, and amazingly fed up and unwell. Was looking forward to getting on with something today, only to find that I will have to wait AGAIN for someone else to sort it out.
Current Builds

delboy271155
#24 Posted : 01 February 2020 18:47:29

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Coser, Blink Blink

I don`t know if this reply will make you feel better or worse, but my recent dealings are not much better.

Some while ago I tried to subscribe to the WARHAMMER 40,000: CONQUEST collection and after three acknowledged applications never received a thing.

Fast forward to the Warhammer Age of Sigmar collection and issue one is already out of stock.

Then when you go to any "Shop now" link, it has for weeks be telling people that they are moving warehouse and to let them message you when things are back to normal. What ever normal is.Confused Confused

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Steve1701
#25 Posted : 01 February 2020 19:14:55

i would give yourself time to get over your symptoms, look at this as time out to allow you to recover then hopefully things will sort themselves out, and you will be in a better place. just my thought.
semaj
#26 Posted : 01 February 2020 23:09:29

I hear you Coser. Whilst I haven't had any real delivery issues I was becoming very unhappy with the quality of this model. Floppy fingers, dodgey floppy wrist joint, a shoulder that doesn't rotate as the internals just jam up and it's all sealed up with a part glued onto it. On top of all this we now have badly mis matched part colours - we have gone from chrome to a dull grey/brown looking colour. I've also had parts crumble to bits on assembly which had to be replaced.

In the end I have cancelled my subscription to this and listed it all for sale.

I do hope you manage to get all your problems sorted out and feel better soon.
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1
Ford GT, Shelby GT500 'super snake'
Complete:
R2D2, Red Bull RB7 RC