Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Tony's Lamborghini Countach LP 500S Build Options
birdaj2
#21 Posted : 12 May 2019 21:05:04

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups: Registered

PACK 4 - LAMBORGHINI COUNTACH LP 500S – 12th MAY 2019

STAGE 11 – THROTTLE LINKAGE AND BLOW-BY GAS HOSES

PICTURES 1, 2 & 3

In this built segment we insert the HT Cables into the cylinder head. The instructions mention that its possible to do this so that the leads match the exact arrangement as on the real car.

It’s a case of removing the black bands and sorting the cables as per the numbering shown here in PICTURE 1.

Can get a bit confusing so to make things a little easier for myself I traced each lead back and numbered them using a piece of masking tape.
It all starts off looking very much like a “Rats Nest” but a bit of patience and you soon have the leads sorted in the correct order.

PICTURE 4

Here we can see the lower set of leads all inserted into the correct holes in the cylinder head.

Its then a case of doing the same thing with the second set of leads.

PICTURES 5 & 6

Same process again of removing the black bands holding the leads and tracing the sequence back using the instructions to get the leads into the correct order.

PICTURES 7 & 8

Once all the leads are in place in the cylinder head everything starts to look a whole lot neater.

PICTURE 9

These are the parts that actually form stage 11.

PICTURES 10 & 11

Here we install the Blow-By Gas hoses A, B and C

PICTURE 12

We complete this section of the build by fitting the throttle cable.
birdaj2 attached the following image(s):
1..JPG
2..JPG
3..JPG
4..JPG
5..JPG
6..JPG
7..JPG
8..JPG
9..JPG
10..JPG
11..JPG
12..JPG
Happy Modelling

Tony

Project: USS Constitution - subscribed to the 24 month option
Project: Porsche 911 - subscribed to the 24 month option
Project: back on the Jaguar build
Project: Harley Davidson Fat boy
Project: Lam. Countach
Project: 1:200 Bismarck (hachette)
birdaj2
#22 Posted : 12 May 2019 21:09:15

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution

STAGE 12 – THROTTLE LINKAGE AND ALTERNATOR

PICTURE 13

These are the parts we get for this section of the build. A wheel and parts for the alternator.

PICTURES 14, 15 & 16

We fit together here the 3 alternator parts supplied with this section plus the alternator fan supplied earlier in the build.

PICTURES 17, 18 & 19

Lot of care required here as we fit the throttle linkage to the to of the cylinder head assemble. Looks quite complicated in the instructions but working around each locating pin in turn it all went together very well.

Only part that needs to be pressed into place with slightly more pressure is the gold coloured crank on the middle of the piece. Care needed as the plastic is very fine and excessive force could see you breaking this part.
13..JPG
14..JPG
15..JPG
16..JPG
17..JPG
18..JPG
19..JPG
Happy Modelling

Tony

birdaj2
#23 Posted : 12 May 2019 21:13:46

STAGE 13 – EXHAUST PIPES AND REAR TYRE

PICTURES 20 & 21

Here we take the 4 exhaust pipe sections supplied earlier in the build and join these together. Its just press fit but needs a little bit more pressure to get them fully located.

PICTURES 22 & 23

Another tyre to fit to the wheel. As in previous parts of the build they will have you flex the tyre to soften it slightly and then give it a quick scrub with a nail brush to remove any moulding debris. As with the previous two wheels I had nothing come off so a stage that could have been skipped, I guess.

All that is then required is to fit the tyre over the wheel.
Again, you get the centre cap with the wheel so its important to put this away safely as it’s a small part that could be lost before you get chance to use it.
20..JPG
21..JPG
22..JPG
23..JPG
Happy Modelling

Tony

steele
#24 Posted : 21 May 2019 04:58:46

Stage 12--agree, the gold part of the throttle linkage took a surprising amount of (carefully-applied!) force to fully seat---it's easy to get it 90% in, it's the last .5mm that's hard...

Stage 11--After looking at the photos in the instructions very carefully, I don't quite agree with even their "more accurate" version of the plug wiring arrangement---I re-did it to my own thought of how it is, based on the pics. (I believe that each *pair* of wires splits off as they go along, not "one by one, except for the last ones being a pair" like the instructions seem to describe) I looked at just about every pic I could find online, to try to confirm.

I'm expecting my next shipment this week---more interior bits, front tires, front compartment. :)
Markwarren
#25 Posted : 21 May 2019 08:00:37

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Coming on very nicely, great update.ThumpUp

Mark