Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
steele's 2019 build Options
Markwarren
#21 Posted : 31 March 2019 09:11:54

Rank: Super-Elite

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Administrators, Global Forum Support, Registered, Moderator, Official Builds

Joined: 04/01/2016
Posts: 3,985
Points: 12,236
Location: Northamptonshire, England
Nice work, colouring looks good.

Mark
steele
#22 Posted : 01 April 2019 02:37:26

Rank: Beginner Level 3


Groups: Registered

Joined: 23/02/2019
Posts: 25
Points: 75
Location: USA
Subtle mod, but I added in as many "golden bits" around the carbs as I could find on the real thing---Tamiya "Titanium Gold" is a pretty close match to the color already present, and I think actually matches photos of the real thing better than what's already there--I considered repainting the existing gold bits with "titanium gold" too, but eventually just left them as-is. About a half-dozen extra bits of gold per carb added, rather hard to see due to small size and subtletly of color---but they're there!

I promised pics when I made some real progress, so here's the engine as it is now (I re-did the wires for "full accuracy"). And a close-up of the carbs, showing some of the extra golden bits.
steele attached the following image(s):
IMG_5939t.JPG
IMG_5941t.JPG
IMG_5944t.JPG
steele
#23 Posted : 15 April 2019 04:41:23

Rank: Beginner Level 3


Groups: Registered

Joined: 23/02/2019
Posts: 25
Points: 75
Location: USA
Just a small update---I am re-redoing the ignition wires, pretty closely following Dave's build here: http://forum.us.model-sp...spx?g=posts&t=17359

This pic shows the white identifier bands added near one distributor---I've done both now, and have also done most of the mini-grommets and zip-ties as well (replacing the kit's plastic rings) (will post more pics once the wiring is 100% done). Awaiting my order of more 1/16" red heat-shrink tubing (I think it is an even better match for the "additional red jacketing on the wires" than iphone cable-sleeving---but the iphone cable sleeving is absolutely perfect for the little white bands)

Have also sprayed my exhaust tips with Mr Metal Primer (which is hard to find) in preparation of decaling them.

And, I've also ordered Roy's brand-new set of decals, for the starter/coils/battery etc. They should arrive right about when the pack containing the starter arrives. :)

steele attached the following image(s):
IMG_6003t.JPG
Markwarren
#24 Posted : 16 April 2019 08:27:39

Rank: Super-Elite

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Administrators, Global Forum Support, Registered, Moderator, Official Builds

Joined: 04/01/2016
Posts: 3,985
Points: 12,236
Location: Northamptonshire, England
Looking excellent, great work.Love Love

Mark
steele
#25 Posted : 29 April 2019 00:14:00

Rank: Beginner Level 3


Groups: Registered

Joined: 23/02/2019
Posts: 25
Points: 75
Location: USA
Well, after buying/trying several things over the past couple weeks, I finally found something that worked for the "extra jacketing on the wiring"----3/64" heatshrink tubing. Both the overall diameter and thickness of the material is almost perfectly to scale, compared to the pics. Color's not exact, but it's a rare size so not many options/manufacturers. So I cut some bits to length, following the pics in the instructions as closely as possible, and now have "fully jacketed and fully banded" wiring---"in progress" and "finished jacketed wiring" pics:



steele attached the following image(s):
IMG_6047T.JPG
IMG_6048T.JPG
steele
#26 Posted : 29 April 2019 00:23:27

Rank: Beginner Level 3


Groups: Registered

Joined: 23/02/2019
Posts: 25
Points: 75
Location: USA
And now that I finally got the wiring detailed how I liked, I could move on and finish the rest of the upper engine. Hoses are painted with Tamiya rubber, and painted their clamps silver.

I also decided that the foglight housing's re-chroming, and the Futureā„¢ coating of the foglight lenses must be rock-hard-dry by now, so installed those (they are crystal-clear now, but they are inherently "corrugated", thus the distortion of the text).

I bought roymattblack's new decal set for this kit, and have applied the first couple ones (for the starter motor) this evening.



steele attached the following image(s):
IMG_6052T.JPG
IMG_6054T.JPG
IMG_6056T.JPG
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages <12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2009, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.118 seconds.
DeAgostini