Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
steele's 2019 build Options
Markwarren
#21 Posted : 31 March 2019 08:11:54

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

Nice work, colouring looks good.

Mark
steele
#22 Posted : 01 April 2019 01:37:26

Subtle mod, but I added in as many "golden bits" around the carbs as I could find on the real thing---Tamiya "Titanium Gold" is a pretty close match to the color already present, and I think actually matches photos of the real thing better than what's already there--I considered repainting the existing gold bits with "titanium gold" too, but eventually just left them as-is. About a half-dozen extra bits of gold per carb added, rather hard to see due to small size and subtletly of color---but they're there!

I promised pics when I made some real progress, so here's the engine as it is now (I re-did the wires for "full accuracy"). And a close-up of the carbs, showing some of the extra golden bits.
steele attached the following image(s):
IMG_5939t.JPG
IMG_5941t.JPG
IMG_5944t.JPG
steele
#23 Posted : 15 April 2019 03:41:23

Just a small update---I am re-redoing the ignition wires, pretty closely following Dave's build here: http://forum.us.model-sp...spx?g=posts&t=17359

This pic shows the white identifier bands added near one distributor---I've done both now, and have also done most of the mini-grommets and zip-ties as well (replacing the kit's plastic rings) (will post more pics once the wiring is 100% done). Awaiting my order of more 1/16" red heat-shrink tubing (I think it is an even better match for the "additional red jacketing on the wires" than iphone cable-sleeving---but the iphone cable sleeving is absolutely perfect for the little white bands)

Have also sprayed my exhaust tips with Mr Metal Primer (which is hard to find) in preparation of decaling them.

And, I've also ordered Roy's brand-new set of decals, for the starter/coils/battery etc. They should arrive right about when the pack containing the starter arrives. :)

steele attached the following image(s):
IMG_6003t.JPG
Markwarren
#24 Posted : 16 April 2019 07:27:39

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Looking excellent, great work.Love Love

Mark