Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages «<23456>»
R2-D2 App update Options
Tomick
#61 Posted : 05 December 2018 18:20:56

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Administrator, registriert, Official Builds, Tech Support

semaj wrote:
Tomick wrote:
notsram wrote:
Tomick wrote:
semaj wrote:
Nice to read the online guide. Lots of fun and control. Its looks really well thought out. Very impressive.

I thought r2 had bluetooth too? There is no mention anywhere in the guide how to use these features
Suggest that you take another look at the USER Guide as it has just been updated.

WiFi direct mode has replaced Bluetooth as it could handle video better due to the volumes of data being transferred.

This is extremely disappointing. My wifi is very unstable and I was planning to control R2 via bluetooth. Which was previously confirmed as being available in this very thread!
Have only just been informed of this myself.

Fair enough. Its a bit cheeky considering is has been plastered everywhere for the last 2 years that it will have both bluetooth and wi fi comnections with you still confirming this only a very short time ago. Im not annoyed with you as ypu say you are just the messenger and can only pass on the info you are given, its the manufacturer i am annoyed with. I know we have a great robot, and understand why they went for wi fi direct, but surely it could still be used via bluetooth just to control it as an rc and not stream video? Just makes us feel a bit mugged off that de agostini (or whom ever designed this) have not disclosed this when they made the decision.
I can only update as and when informed which is exactly what has been done throughout to date. What I will say is that it is indeed a great Robot and sure your going to enjoy all that he does.
Tomick
#62 Posted : 05 December 2018 18:21:35

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Administrator, registriert, Official Builds, Tech Support

Michaeljf1980 wrote:
Ok app related, where is the app ?
Issue 100 says to visit www.buildr2d2.com (within The Build tab) which is where the full User Guide can be found and the App info and Battery info will be posted once DeAgostini have posted them.

Awaiting further update regarding both.
stwood6
#63 Posted : 05 December 2018 20:00:05

Groups: Registered

notsram wrote:
Tomick wrote:
semaj wrote:
Nice to read the online guide. Lots of fun and control. Its looks really well thought out. Very impressive.

I thought r2 had bluetooth too? There is no mention anywhere in the guide how to use these features
Suggest that you take another look at the USER Guide as it has just been updated.

WiFi direct mode has replaced Bluetooth as it could handle video better due to the volumes of data being transferred.

This is extremely disappointing. My wifi is very unstable and I was planning to control R2 via bluetooth. Which was previously confirmed as being available in this very thread!

WIFI direct means that R2D2 provides his own hotspot - so the quality of your WIFI shouldn't affect it at all. The only negative I see about this is that you would need to go into settings and connect to R2's hotspot in order to control him using the direct WIFI method - whereas bluetooth wouldn't require you to change your WIFI connection to control him. As for myself, I'm thinking that I'll just dedicate a cheap android tablet to R2 anyway.
Current Builds: R2D2, Millenium Falcon
semaj
#64 Posted : 05 December 2018 20:47:47

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Tomick wrote:
semaj wrote:
Tomick wrote:
notsram wrote:
Tomick wrote:
semaj wrote:

Have only just been informed of this myself.

Fair enough. Its a bit cheeky considering is has been plastered everywhere for the last 2 years that it will have both bluetooth and wi fi comnections with you still confirming this only a very short time ago. Im not annoyed with you as ypu say you are just the messenger and can only pass on the info you are given, its the manufacturer i am annoyed with. I know we have a great robot, and understand why they went for wi fi direct, but surely it could still be used via bluetooth just to control it as an rc and not stream video? Just makes us feel a bit mugged off that de agostini (or whom ever designed this) have not disclosed this when they made the decision.
I can only update as and when informed which is exactly what has been done throughout to date. What I will say is that it is indeed a great Robot and sure your going to enjoy all that he does.

i agree, you cant pass information you dont know. as i mentioned, my gripe is not with you nor the forum, but with the manufacturers/publishers/whoever is providing the information. i apologize if anything i have said has been taken the wrong way as it has not been meant like that at all. it is an overall pent up general anger, as we constantly keep putting faith in de agostini who constantly let us down - ALL the subscriber gifts were delivered really late, i was unlucky enough to get a damaged mug that i am still waiting for a replacement and given up on, changes to test parts (like the projector not working as stated in the magazine at the time only to be told a few days later that it was all changed and should only show 1 image on the test not both, but this was only after many complaints, arguments etc., late deliveries - de agostini say they pride them selves on many decades in the business, so they should be experts at distribution, yet things go wrong, issues should be in the warehouse weeks before delivery, not days or even hours.... and nw the failure to provide information where to buy the main power source and the app to work the thing properly just takes the biscuit. its pointless complaining to someone on a phone in a call center, this feels like the only place we can try to get direct contact with de agostini. we have very little faith atm in de agostini and will certainly think twice about another build.

that being said, it certainly does seem to be a great thing packed full of features, the build has generally been fantastic and for the most the arts quality has been top notch. just let down with poor customer services and information provision.
[center]building: R2D2
Building: Red Bull RB7 RC kit
Mattyhg
#65 Posted : 05 December 2018 22:22:57

Is the app released yet?Can't find it on Google Play
Funkysonic
#66 Posted : 06 December 2018 10:01:24

When is the app going to be available as my r2 is done and I want to use him to his full potential as it only does 3 things without the app
Tomick
#67 Posted : 06 December 2018 10:51:12

DC-Zol. wrote:
Is there any information update to the app, preview images, release info?

Would be nice to see any progress made on the app

Thanks
I am informed they will be up shortly both Google play and IOS platforms... and that as soon as they are up we will advise.
Michaeljf1980
#68 Posted : 06 December 2018 10:55:04

Well that’s something at least, Is there any information about the batteries yet please ? I’ve heard people on here saying that some batteries are the wrong size and the buttons on top aren’t big enough, so I want to get the correct ones
Tomick
#69 Posted : 06 December 2018 11:21:34

Michaeljf1980 wrote:
Well that’s something at least, Is there any information about the batteries yet please ? I’ve heard people on here saying that some batteries are the wrong size and the buttons on top aren’t big enough, so I want to get the correct ones
Also hoping to have an update on this today too.
spudtrooper37
#70 Posted : 06 December 2018 14:12:35

JokerVisionFPV wrote:
Not sure how you havent got batteries? You can get them if you go looking? Bit much to say a heap of metal and plastic.
I have 6 batteries that i got from 18650.com with code R2D2 for a small discount.
Things happen in life and R&D is one thing that changes every day.
I for one am looking forward to building my last 4 issues, and admin are only able to give us info as it is released to them so cut them some slack.

Thanks for the info, worked a treat regards the discount code 😁
Darren

Have an AWSOME day and may the Force be with you always 😉

My biggest hobby is collecting Lego Star Wars and playing the Lego Video Games

Building: Millennium Falcon
collecting: Star Wars Helmets
Michaeljf1980
#71 Posted : 06 December 2018 15:55:27

Tomick wrote:
DC-Zol. wrote:

Thanks
I am informed they will be up shortly both Google play and IOS platforms... and that as soon as they are up we will advise.

App is still not available yet, any updates on this yet ? You said shortly this morning
Tomick
#72 Posted : 06 December 2018 16:35:30

Michaeljf1980 wrote:
Tomick wrote:
DC-Zol. wrote:

Thanks

App is still not available yet, any updates on this yet ? You said shortly this morning
It also says..as soon as they are up we will advise.
CT71
#73 Posted : 06 December 2018 21:17:08

Can they at least provide an estimated date
skittles
#74 Posted : 06 December 2018 23:53:16

What does "shortly" mean to Deagostini? I can't believe the app wasn't ready. They've had 2years to develop and test it. This is very bad support for their product. I've put £900 into this project, and all I can show for it is a static model. If they don't pull their finger out I see them facing compensation claims in the future. Misleading advertising.
Yes I'm angry. LOL
Bobbaf3nn
#75 Posted : 07 December 2018 02:18:36

There's no need to get angry .. We have all put 2 years and a ton of money into this build and a few more days isn't going to hurt anyone Cool

Current builds: Eaglemoss DeLorean, Deagostini R2 D2 Build
sapper
#76 Posted : 07 December 2018 13:15:29

Can anyone point me to the app. I have looked in my app store and google play store, it shows 2, but to me neither relates to this build?
Tomick
#77 Posted : 07 December 2018 13:33:38

sapper wrote:
Can anyone point me to the app. I have looked in my app store and google play store, it shows 2, but to me neither relates to this build?
See post #62 & 67
Michaeljf1980
#78 Posted : 08 December 2018 14:21:20

So I take it there’s still no update about the app availability yet, wow this is pathetic, yours and deagostinis silence is deafening
Gandale
#79 Posted : 08 December 2018 14:32:24

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Official Builds, Tech Support, Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator

Michaeljf1980 wrote:
So I take it there’s still no update about the app availability yet, wow this is pathetic, yours and deagostinis silence is deafening

As soon as we have an update it will be posted on the forum for all to see. Silence is there simply because is there is nothing more to add at this stage....

Regards

Alan
CT71
#80 Posted : 08 December 2018 15:04:35

Gandale wrote:
Michaeljf1980 wrote:

As soon as we have an update it will be posted on the forum for all to see. Silence is there simply because is there is nothing more to add at this stage....

Regards

Alan

Well they must have an anticipated date. If people knew that it would help. And I don't mean "soon"